01904 755 222

Slips Trips and Falls

AJC Law specialises in all areas of personal injury claims.

Slips Trips and Falls

Have you slip tripped or fallen?

Slips and trips are often seen as a joke, but they are no laughing matter and occur all too frequently. If you have slipped, tripped or fallen because a defect on the floor, or an item that should not have been there then you could be able to claim for any injuries you received as a result.

An accident can happen anywhere but here are the three main categories.

1. If your accident occurred in a public place, like the street, then this is known as a Public Liability claim. As a result of the Highways Act It is the responsibility of highway authorities and local councils to inspect, maintain and repair footpaths and roads.

2. If your accident occurred on private land, for example in the supermarket, then this is known as an Occupiers Liability claim. It deals with liability that may arise from accidents caused by the defective or dangerous condition of the premises.

3. If your accident took place at work then this is known as an Employers liability Claim.

4. Slipping and falling on ice. When weather conditions are poor and ice is forming on roads, pavements and other public areas there is a danger that accidents may occur due to slipping on ice. If you, a relative or a friend has slipped on ice and suffered some form of personal injury as a result of the accident, it may be possible to claim injury compensation.
Slipping or falling on ice is not the easiest case to fight and sometimes can be a difficult area of the law, but this should not put you off making an enquiry. By contacting a member of our personal injury team you will be able to discuss your situation with an experienced personal injury practitioner and we can advise you as to whether you have a case or not.

Regardless of where your accident took place the owners of the land have a duty to ensure that it is safe for you to access. Our team can help you recover the compensation you are entitled to.

Please call 03300 552 856 today to speak to a member of our personal injury team, or alternatively complete the enquiry form and a member of our team will call you back shortly.

Getting your claim started could not be easier. Here at AJC Law our personal injury team are waiting to help you get started.

Why not call us for a free consultation with a no win, no fee personal injury solicitor?

Call us on 03300 552 856

Alternatively why not complete the enquiry form and a member of our team will contact you shortly to discuss your claim

Your compensation award will consist of two awards.

The first is known as general damages.

In general damages each claim will be judged on its own merits. A number of factors will be considered including, the nature and severity of your injury and resulting symptoms being the main ones. As well as your age, your occupation, your hobbies and responsibilities to your family and the extent to which your injuries and symptoms interfere with them.

The second component is known as special damages.

This head of damages can be used to recover loss of earnings suffered by the client whilst recovering from their accident. If your injuries are so severe that it will not be possible for you to return to work you can also recover the potential earnings you have lost out on.

A personal injury claim can also be made for the losses and expenses you may incur whilst making your claim. If you have needed to make visits to your hospital or GP for treatment, then your travel expenses can be included in your compensation claim.

In the case of Road Traffic Accidents it is possible to make additional claims of compensation relating to the damage sustained to the car, and the cost of fixing it. As well as the cost of obtaining a hire vehicle, or any other out of pocket expenses you incur as a result of the accident.

Please call 03300 552 856 today to speak to a member of our personal injury team, or alternatively complete the enquiry form and a member of our team will call you back shortly.

AJC Law can help you recover compensation for a number of different reasons.

From injuries you received through no fault of your own, to issues in the work place, we have specialist solicitors who can walk you through the process every step of the way.

You can make a personal injury claim after an accident at work, or in a public place, a car accident or an injury sustained through playing sport. We can also help if you sustained your injuries following an animal attack.

If your employment rights have been abused or you feel that you have been treated unfairly, either as an individual or a business owner, then we can help you.

We will consider all cases, and aim to obtain the maximum compensation available for you. We appreciate that this will be a difficult time for you, and always try to be considerate to our clients’ needs. Once you are being represented by AJC Law we take care of you and your claim through to the end, ensuring you receive the maximum compensation possible.

We can act on your behalf in the following personal injury areas, as well as many more.

Road Traffic Accidents
Public Liability Accidents- Accidents in public areas
Occupiers Liability Accidents- Accidents on privately owned land
Employers Liability Accidents- Accidents that happen whilst at work
Sport injuries
Criminal Injuries compensation
Animal Attacks

If you cannot see a related area to your claim, don’t worry why not complete the claim enquiry form below and a member of our team will contact you shortly to discuss your claim.

We deal with cases both locally, here in York, North and East Yorkshire, as well as anywhere else in England and Wales.

For a free consultation with a no win, no fee personal injury solicitors and employment law specialists please call 03300 552 856 now.

    Have a Question?

    Get in Touch with Our Experts